Summers are just around the corner, which means it’s time for the best of the flowy dresses and floral prints to make a comeback on the wardrobe front. Everything is so pretty about summer apart from the tan that comes along with it.
So, before the tan dulls your summer glow, we bring to you Top 15 natural ways to say goodbye to tanning forever.
1. Lemon Juice And Sugar
Sneaking the first natural way of removing tan from the good old diaries of the grandmothers, we bring the killer combination of lemon juice and sugar. Lemon juice basically consists of a bleaching element which helps in getting rid of the tan real quick. Sugar, on the other hand, acts as a scrub and helps in clearing off the dead skin. It sloughs off the skin which is a great remedy.
- Take some fresh lemon juice, about 1-2 tbsp. Add some sugar to it and mix well before applying.
- In a circular motion, apply the blend. Let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Gently scrub the skin to get rid of the dead skin and wash properly.
You can try this remedy as much as possible. As good as every fortnight.
2. Cucumber Juice
Here is the second natural way to get rid of the tan and it is as simple as cucumber juice. With the cooling effect of the cucumber, it is really great for tanned or sunburnt skin.
- Grind the cucumber to extract its juice. Filter it before applying.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it in the juice and apply it all over the tan.
- Keep it until it dries to wash it properly with water.
The fresh look on your face and skin will be worth the effort.
Milk in itself is a great product. It is not just a good whitening agent, but in fact is a natural moisturizer, cooler and healer.
- Take some fresh cold milk. With a cotton ball apply it all over the tan.
- Let it dry and then wash off with water.
You will feel an instant softness and brightness on the applied areas.
4. Tomato and Yoghurt
Tomato as an ingredient is one of those which is rich in antioxidants. This helps to brighten the skin. On the other hand, Yoghurt has lactic acid that helps in softening the skin.
- Take a raw tomato and remove its skin.
- Add 2 tbsp yoghurt to the tomato and blend them properly to make the paste.
- Apply the paste for 20 minutes and then wash it.
The radiant glow won’t let you take your eyes away from the shining skin.
5. Rice Flour
This is a must-try for everyone. Truly, you are going to feel disappointed after this at all. Rice flour has a whitening agent and once applied you can see results quickly.
- Take 1 tbsp rice flour and some water/milk to it.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it dry.
- Remove it with water.
For more effective and quicker results, add tomato juice to rice flour.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera seems like a magical herb to me. It moisturises the skin, keeps up the metabolism, is good for hair, and whatnot. It’s just the perfect thing that you can grow in your garden or a small pot. And all you have to do is, cut a stem and apply on your face.
- Get some fresh Aloe Vera.
- Extract the gel part from the stem and apply all over your face in an upward direction.
- Let the gel stay there for 30 minutes and then wash it with cold water.
Doing this on a regular basis will not only remove the tan but also heal the moisture of the skin.
It tastes beautiful when sipped and smells heavenly while cooking. But did you ever imagine that it can also heal your skin? Well yes, it can. Coffee has proven to be a great remedy while it comes at rejuvenation of the skin. So let’s get started.
- Mix 1 tbsp of coffee with 1 tbsp of water and mix them well.
- Apply it on your face in an upward direction.
- Let the coffee stay on your face for 15 minutes and not more before washing with cold water.
Make sure that you do not leave coffee for too long. Applying this, you will find that it has slowly helped you to get rid of the tan leaving an earthy glow.
While potatoes will always remind you off some great dishes and give rise to cravings, you will be surprised to know that it can also heal your skin. The starch that the potatoes release can be a great medicine and remedy for the tan.
- Slice the potatoes in thin sheets and dip them in cold water.
- Place the thin sheets all over your face and neck.
- Let the sheets sit for about 30 mins before removing them.
- Massage your face with the starch and wash off the face with normal water.
9. Baking Soda
This is one kitchen ingredient that is used to make things quicker and better. But it can be also used on your skin to beautify it. Baking soda not only helps in getting rid of the tan but also helps at curing pimples.
- Take 1tbsp of baking soda and add water to it.
- Stir well to make a paste and apply on face evenly.
- Let the paste sit for 10 min before washing it with normal water.
Make sure that you do not keep the paste for more than 10 mins and you have really sensitive skin, avoid using it.
10. Mint And Tulsi
While mint will cool down your skin, tulsi in itself combines of numerous good points that are great for a healthy body. This process would require you to extract juice out of the mint and tulsi leaves. So here’s how to do it.
- Take some fresh tulsi and mint leaves. Add them to grinder with some water.
- Filter the juice separating the leave residues.
- Store the juice in the refrigerator or under cold temperature.
- Apply the juice with the help of a brush twice in a day for 15-20 mins.
11. Orange Peel
Orange peel as other citric fruits has extra benefits. Oranges are rich antioxidants, therefore it glows your skin, helping you get rid of the tan.
- Use the peel of the oranges and dry them under the sun.
- Grind the peel to make a powder.
- Use 1tbsp of the powder and mix it with milk to make a consistent paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 20mins before washing it with cold water.
12. Strawberry And Raw Milk
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and are great for people with oily skin. Also, these are rich in Vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acid. These properties help in removing the tan from the skin.
- Mix the strawberry mash and raw milk well.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Leave the paste for about 20-25 mins and wash with lukewarm water.
13. Orange Juice and Yogurt
This method of removing tan would perform in an almost similar way as that of tomato and yoghurt as both of the fruits are critic in nature.
- Take fresh orange juice and filter it.
- Add 2 tbsp yoghurt to the orange juice and blend them properly to make the paste.
- Apply the paste for 20 minutes and then wash it.
The paste not only will help remove tan but also will add a radiant glow to your face and skin where ever it will be applied.
14. Sour Curd
People always remain in doubt when it comes to sour curd. The dicey minds remain under a fluctuation of whether to apply or not the sour curd on their skin. But, this can prove to be a really amazing ingredient when it comes to the removal of tan.
- Take the sour curd and blend it well.
- Apply the sour curd on the affected areas.
- Leave the sour cream for about 20 mins before washing it off with cold water.
The curd is generally cold in nature. Thus, it will cool down the skin removing the excessive sunburn.
15. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice in its stand-alone way is the best and quick way to get rid of the sunburn and also tighten the skin color. It’s also the easiest way to get rid of the tan.
- Extract some lemon juice.
- With a cotton ball apply the juice all over the face.
- Let it sit for 20 mins before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply an ice pack to cool down the skin
These were Top 15 natural ways of saying goodbye to tanning. Let us know if they helped you. Stay beautiful!